Birth Stories and Testimonials
No part of these stories may be reproduced, published, copy, shared or used in any way without prior consent from the owners. Each story is based on real life experience and is not intended to replace any medical or professional advice.
My deepest gratitude to all parents who have generously shared their sacred journey in childbirth. I've been inspired by each and every one of these stories. I hope you will too...
"23rd June 2013 , is the date you choose to come, 8.48pm is the time you come and first met with us. We love you with our heart and soul , we cherish the memory and celebrate your birth with pride and joy."
- Kai Xin, 2nd-time mum who had another homebirth, this time surrounded by family, immersed in love (June 2013)
On that Monday, 2nd December morning, after sending my 2 sons to the nursery, I felt the mild surges. I set up the contraction timer on my phone. It was about 10-15 minutes apart but still bearable. Then I stopped thinking about it and stopped timing it, but I knew my baby was coming, in my heart.
- Julie Jamaludin, 3rd-time mum who kept her faith and was blessed with VBA2C at home (Alor Setar), 48hours after membrane released! (Dec 2013)
Birth saya, bagi saya, saya tak rasa gentle. Rasa macam dalam medan perang. Alert. Cautious. Fear. Determination. Semua jadi rojak.
- Liyana, 3rd-time mum who had a powerful surreal VBA2C, at home, 4 days after membrane released! (Dec 2013)
Make lots of dua so He will send the right people to you, inshaAllah.
It all started on 6th September 2013. At about 4.50 am, we witnessed the birth show and got super duper excited. But knowing that my mother-in-law tends to panic easily and the fact that after birth she won't be able to go anywhere for 44 days, Nadrah told her mother that she wanted to go shopping.
- Nadrah & Ezry, 1st-time couple who had their baby on a joyful bright morning as they had predicted (Sept 2013)
Ever since I married, I've been reading birth stories from HypnoBirthing website and determined to have homebirth. And when I was pregnant, together with a friend we attended the class and gained a lot of knowledge and insights for birthing.
- Dayna, 1st-time mum whose birthing took a turn and yet achieved a smooth birth (Oct 2013)
Some moms asked me about the differences between this and hospital births. The feeling of having baby in my arms for the first time is the same, but this time round it’s warmth all over - from friendship, and love from hubby, and the water. Hospital environment is cold and the air-cond is too cold (yeah a big issue for me.) Even that made me stressed. Freedom, laughter that made me relax, seeing my baby staring at me underwater, being the first one to lift baby up to my arms... a truly amazing experience and I thank Allah over and over for that.
- Ros, SEVENTH-time mum who had a 1-hour easy birth at home (Oct 2013)
Our little man, Warren, he is the best gift for my hubby and me in year 2013. We were hoping that our first baby is a boy and we knew about his gender since he was only 12 weeks (he is definitely a Man!) and we have been calling him "Warren" since then.
- Ow Hui Ching, 1st-time mum who powerfully birthed her baby whose cord was 2 loops around the neck, 4 days after her membrane released (August 2013)
I, Subashni Jayaretnam gave birth to a beautiful baby girl at home, without any medical intervention, truly natural...and here’s my birth story.
- Shuba, 1st time mum who stood up from her pool and birthed her baby en caul, at home (Aug 2012)