No part of these stories may be reproduced, published, copy, shared or used in any way without prior consent from the owners. Each story is based on real life experience and is not intended to replace any medical or professional advice.
Drug-free hospital births
Abigale was born on September 2, 2012 (Sunday) in the wee hours of the morning at 1.58 am. However, we had a drama week before her birth... 8 days earlier to be exact... (It all started with a gush of water...)
- Joon Li, 1st time super patient mum who birthed au-naturel, 8 DAYS (!!!) after her membrane released (Sept 2014)
Aina’s birth was quite a whirlwind from beginning to the end, and I’d like to believe that I was in the calm of the eye of the storm. The entire duration of her birth from water bag breaking to her arrival was only five hours.
- Aishah Sinclair, 2nd time mum who carefully planned her dreamed birth, right up to the birthing date! (April 2014)
As an avid HypnoBirthing student, we ( yeap hubs and I) were determined to have another natural birth of our baby. But the drawback this time was my previous obgyn wouldn't allow me to have a birth plan as extensive as before...
- Dr. Fatin, 2nd time mum who just loves to squat and deliver! (April 2014)
While it’s important to have a good care provider, it is not complete if we do not take responsibility for our own pregnancy and birth. Childbirth classes helped me and my partner understand and love each journey of pregnancy and birth with full awareness and responsibility.
- Ernadia Os’Hara (Oct 2013), a 2nd time mum who prepared her birth physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Thanks to the gentle birthing method, my labor was shorter, easier, and more joyful, free of harmful drugs, and my baby was born in a more comfortable manner. I was awake, alert, and fully in control. It took less than 17 hours from first contraction until the baby was born and less than 3 hours in the labor room.
- Bee Hong, 2nd-time mum who had an empowering waterbirth VBAC (Jan 2014)