No part of these stories may be reproduced, published, copy, shared or used in any way without prior consent from the owners. Each story is based on real life experience and is not intended to replace any medical or professional advice.
Drug-free hospital births
Make lots of dua so He will send the right people to you, inshaAllah.
It all started on 6th September 2013. At about 4.50 am, we witnessed the birth show and got super duper excited. But knowing that my mother-in-law tends to panic easily and the fact that after birth she won't be able to go anywhere for 44 days, Nadrah told her mother that she wanted to go shopping.
- Nadrah & Ezry, 1st-time couple who had their baby on a joyful bright morning as they had predicted (Sept 2013)
Ever since I married, I've been reading birth stories from HypnoBirthing website and determined to have homebirth. And when I was pregnant, together with a friend we attended the class and gained a lot of knowledge and insights for birthing.
- Dayna, 1st-time mum whose birthing took a turn and yet achieved a smooth birth (Oct 2013)
Our little man, Warren, he is the best gift for my hubby and me in year 2013. We were hoping that our first baby is a boy and we knew about his gender since he was only 12 weeks (he is definitely a Man!) and we have been calling him "Warren" since then.
- Ow Hui Ching, 1st-time mum who powerfully birthed her baby whose cord was 2 loops around the neck, 4 days after her membrane released (August 2013)
It was an Unexpected Pregnancy. We have just got married last year and right after marriage, the pregnancy test kit gave us a shock that I was expecting a baby. Well, financially we have just spent a fortune on the wedding 2 months ago and now that a baby was coming, this might gave us another financial burden. Well, my mum had always said that it is a gift, because not everybody gets to have children as they wanted.
- Mian Huay,1st-time mum who dedicatedly stuck to her birthplan to have a joyous waterbirth in Penang (August 2013)
I couldn't remember how many times I needed to breath down - I didn't think I had the chance to do proper breathing down because baby shot out like a torpedo at 10:16am - only my hubby was in the room.
- Joyce Rachel Lee, 1st-time mum whose baby torpedoed out before the medical team arrived (August 2013)
Even before we started thinking about having a baby, we heard (and continue to hear till this day) countless (horror) birth stories of pain and agony, though everyone would end their story with the assurance that the baby is worth all the pain and agony. I understood then that these little wrinkled bundles are received with much joy, but preceded with much fear and pain. Pain that no one could explain, and agony that no one could describe!
- Yew Peng, 1st-time mum who transformed fear into faith (April 2013)
I came to a point of firm belief that childbearing is an absolutely natural beautiful process and that even though I am only 4’11, I absolutely could deliver my baby naturally as long as baby is healthy.
- Yasmin Ruth Paranjothy, 1st-time petite mum who surrendered to God for a miraculous pain-free birth, at 43-week! (Oct 2010)
It was Week 33 and the resolution to make my second birth experience a better one seems to have been pushed aside due to a crazy schedule of juggling work and another child. It was Week 34 and a half before I put my foot down, no more procrastination! And this was when I decided to look seriously into HypnoBirthing.
- Michelle Wong, 2nd-time who laboured for a zen-like waterbirth on Labor Day (May 2012)