- Janatul, 4th time mum who received her own baby with the blessing of her doctor who practices true obstetrics (from the Latin obstare, "to stand by") (Dec 2012)
No part of these stories may be reproduced, published, copy, shared or used in any way without prior consent from the owners. Each story is based on real life experience and is not intended to replace any medical or professional advice.
I’m thankful however that my doctor had allowed me to experience labor and respected our decision. As what hubby said, what’s important is that we did try our best under the circumstances and at the end of the day, both baby and mummy are safe.
- Melissa, 1st-time mum who laboured calmly with HypnoBirthing and made good decisions for the safety of her baby (Sept 2013)
While it’s important to have a good care provider, it is not complete if we do not take responsibility for our own pregnancy and birth. Childbirth classes helped me and my partner understand and love each journey of pregnancy and birth with full awareness and responsibility.
- Ernadia Os’Hara (Oct 2013), a 2nd time mum who prepared her birth physically, emotionally and spiritually.
Thanks to the gentle birthing method, my labor was shorter, easier, and more joyful, free of harmful drugs, and my baby was born in a more comfortable manner. I was awake, alert, and fully in control. It took less than 17 hours from first contraction until the baby was born and less than 3 hours in the labor room.
- Bee Hong, 2nd-time mum who had an empowering waterbirth VBAC (Jan 2014)
Make lots of dua so He will send the right people to you, inshaAllah.
It all started on 6th September 2013. At about 4.50 am, we witnessed the birth show and got super duper excited. But knowing that my mother-in-law tends to panic easily and the fact that after birth she won't be able to go anywhere for 44 days, Nadrah told her mother that she wanted to go shopping.
- Nadrah & Ezry, 1st-time couple who had their baby on a joyful bright morning as they had predicted (Sept 2013)
Ever since I married, I've been reading birth stories from HypnoBirthing website and determined to have homebirth. And when I was pregnant, together with a friend we attended the class and gained a lot of knowledge and insights for birthing.
- Dayna, 1st-time mum whose birthing took a turn and yet achieved a smooth birth (Oct 2013)
Our little man, Warren, he is the best gift for my hubby and me in year 2013. We were hoping that our first baby is a boy and we knew about his gender since he was only 12 weeks (he is definitely a Man!) and we have been calling him "Warren" since then.
- Ow Hui Ching, 1st-time mum who powerfully birthed her baby whose cord was 2 loops around the neck, 4 days after her membrane released (August 2013)
It was an Unexpected Pregnancy. We have just got married last year and right after marriage, the pregnancy test kit gave us a shock that I was expecting a baby. Well, financially we have just spent a fortune on the wedding 2 months ago and now that a baby was coming, this might gave us another financial burden. Well, my mum had always said that it is a gift, because not everybody gets to have children as they wanted.
- Mian Huay,1st-time mum who dedicatedly stuck to her birthplan to have a joyous waterbirth in Penang (August 2013)