A full course consists of Five 2-hour classes. 2-day intensive courses are also available for those unable to make it for weekly classes. Total duration of the course is about 12-14 hours. Take a look at the class outline.
In the classes, you’ll also receive a 301-page text book "HypnoBirthing ® - The Mongan Method", a Birthing Affirmations and Rainbow Relaxation CD, and numerous handouts.
You will learn:
- Why your body does what it does, as well as how.
- Everything you need to know to achieve safer, easier, and more comfortable birth.
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labor and pain, replacing them with confidence, calm, and comfort.
- Birthing positions, breathing and massage techniques for a more comfortable labor.
- The sources of the myths that pain must accompany normal birthing.
- How the body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony throughout labor.
- How you and your birthing companion can create a birthing environment that is calm, serene, and joyful to welcome your baby.
- To create and control the body’s own natural anesthesia.
- To practice deep relaxation during and between uterine surges.
- Gentle birthing techniques that allow you to breathe your baby into the world without the violence of hard physical pushing.
- The importance of prenatal and perinatal bonding.